Cockroach Janta Party (CJP) founder Abhijeet Dipke on Monday congratulated all the students in Jharkhand and all those who were leading the protest against
the alleged irregularities in the recruitment exams, after the state government agreed to cancel the JSSC-CGL and all other tests conducted by the TSR Data Processing Private Limited (TDPL) since 2014. In a special mention, Dipke congratulated activist Devendra Nath Mahto, who broke his hunger strike late Monday night, saying his fight will inspire many more students across the country. "Congratulations to all students in Jharkhand and to all those who were leading this fight especially @DevendraNathMa9 bhai. Your fight will inspire many more students across the country," Abhijeet Dipke wrote on X.
Jharkhand CM Hemant Soren Announces Big Decision on Exam Cancellation
Earlier in a late night development, the Jharkhand government announced the cancellation of the JSSC-CGL exam and all
recruitment tests conducted by outsourced agency TDPL since 2014.
Chief Minister Hemant Soren announced this after chairing a marathon cabinet meeting at the state secretariat. He also announced the formation of an exam reforms committee headed by senior IAS officer Amitabh Kaushal to recommend measures to strengthen the recruitment exam system.
"The government has decided to cancel the Jharkhand Staff Selection Commission-Combined Graduate Level (JSSC-CGL) exam, which was one of the major demands of the protesting students. We have also decided to cancel all tests conducted by outsourced agency TSR Data Processing Pvt Ltd (TDPL) and the results published by it," Soren told reporters after the meeting.
The decision came as six protesters continued their hunger strike and a government panel was preparing for another round of talks with the JPSC-JSSC Reforms Manch, which has been spearheading the agitation.
Students Celebrate After Govt's Announcement
Students were seen celebrating and waving the Tricolour after the announcement. Activist Sonam Wangchuk congratulated student leader and activist Devendra Nath Mahto over a video call, describing the government's decision as a "victory for everyone".
"It seems that this victory is one in which no one loses. You have won, and the government has won too, because they also intend to do good. So, this is a victory where the other side does not have to face defeat. It is a victory for everyone -- a victory for India, for the people, and for Jharkhand," he said.
Mahto, who has been on a hunger strike to press for students demands since August 2, broke his fast on the intervening night of Monday-Tuesday, in the presence of Jharkhand ministers Dipika Pandey Singh and Irfan Ansari.
Students Say Protest Will Continue
However, the decision failed to end the protest as the agitators maintained that their key demand for a CBI probe into alleged examination irregularities had not been accepted.
The Manch said it would continue the agitation until the government agreed to a CBI investigation.
The developments came ahead of the proposed seventh round of talks between the government and the protesters.
A student delegation comprising Manch leaders Ravindra Paswan, Piyush Kumar Singh and Ravindra Kumar Ravi was scheduled to meet the government panel. The agitation has continued for more than three weeks, with six aspirants remaining on hunger strike.
With inputs from PTI














