What is the story about?
One labourer was killed and three others were injured after an old two-storey under-construction building collapsed in Delhi's Karol Bagh on Friday morning
(August 21). The incident took place at around 11:15 am at Building No. 3512 on Pyare Lal Road in Regarpura, Karol Bagh. According to the preliminary police enquiry, the building was being demolished by a private contractor hired by its owners. Police said that no permission for the demolition had been obtained from the concerned agency.
Labourers Trapped Under Debris
The building suddenly collapsed while demolition work was underway, trapping labourers working at the site.
Police personnel reached the spot soon after receiving information about the incident and, along with fire services, launched rescue operations. Four labourers were affected in the collapse.
One of them, identified as Sheikh Shamshad, succumbed to his injuries. His body was shifted to the mortuary at Lok Nayak Hospital and Medical College (LHMC).
Another labourer, Md. Ayub, suffered serious injuries, including a head injury and a fracture to his right hand. He was referred to Dr Ram Manohar Lohia (RML) Hospital, where his condition is reported to be critical. Sheikh Saidul suffered limb injuries and is currently undergoing treatment at Jeevan Mala Hospital. The fourth labourer, identified as Rafik-Ul, sustained minor injuries and later left for his residence.
Owners, Contractor Detained
Police and fire services personnel carried out rescue operations at the site and shifted the injured labourers to hospitals for treatment.
The building owners and the contractor involved in the demolition work have been detained for questioning.
Police said further legal action under appropriate provisions will be initiated after verification of the facts and assessment of the circumstances that led to the building collapse.














