United States President Donald Trump on Thursday said that the ongoing peace talks with Iran are on the “borderline” between a possible deal and renewed strikes.
Trump, who had earlier stated that the negotiations
are in their “final stages”, further warned that the window for diplomacy can shut soon.
“It’s right on the borderline, believe me,” Trump said, while speaking to reporters at Joint Base Andrews, near Washington.
“If we don’t get the right answers, it goes very quickly. We’re all ready to go. We have to get the right answers — it would have to be a complete 100% good answers, and if we do, we save a lot of time, energy and lives,” he added.
Also Read: ‘Giving It A Shot’: Trump Says Iran Talks Near ‘Final Stages’, Warns Of Fresh Strikes If No Deal Reached
The US president said that the deal can be finalised “very quickly” or “in a few days”, however, for that to happen, Tehran will have to provide “100% good answers.”
‘Had No Choice’: Trump On Iran War
Speaking on the Iran war, Trump said that he had no choice because Tehran was working towards making nuclear weapons.
However, he added that this mission of Iran would come to an end soon, “one way or the other”.
“I had no choice because they were going to have a nuclear weapon, but that’s going to end soon, one way or the other. Oil is going to come tumbling down. We have 1600 ships in the Strait that are loaded up with oil that are going to be coming out very soon,” Trump said.
“We have to open the Strait of Hormuz. We are going to give it one shot. We are not in a hurry,” he added.
Iran Examines New US Proposal
Iran on Wednesday stated that it was examining a new proposal sent by the United States to end the war.
Also Read: Trump ‘Not In Hurry’ For Reopen Strait Of Hormuz: ‘We Have To Give It One Shot’
Iranian foreign ministry spokesman Esmaeil Baqaei said that Tehran had “received the points of view of the American side” and they are examining them.
He reiterated the demands of Iran, which include the release of frozen assets and ending the US blockade of Iranian ports.
Tehran’s chief negotiator Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf had earlier accused Washington of trying to restart the war after Trump warned of fresh attacks unless Iran agreed to a deal.
Ghalibaf warned that Iran will give a “forceful response”, while Iran’s Revolutionary Guards said that any renewed strikes would lead to the spread of conflict far beyond the Middle East.
“The enemy’s movements, both overt and clandestine, show that despite economic and political pressure, it has not abandoned its military objectives and is seeking to start a new war,” Ghalibaf said.
With inputs from AFP














