The meeting came a day after Kushner held a rare meeting with Hamas representatives in Egypt, as Israel continues to reject key elements of the US-backed ceasefire and disarmament proposal.
“Kushner has begun his planned meeting with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in Jerusalem today,” Times of Israel quoted an anonymous official as saying.
“Kushner is joined at Netanyahu’s office by Board of Peace senior envoys … Mladenov and … Blair,” the official added, saying it was unclear who else attended the meeting.
The official said the talks were not aimed at securing an Israeli “signature” on the new so-called disarmament deal that Washington claims Hamas has accepted.
Hamas, meanwhile, welcomed a joint statement by the foreign ministers of the UAE, Qatar, Jordan, Indonesia, Pakistan, Turkiye, Saudi Arabia and Egypt, which condemned Israel’s refusal to adhere to the US-backed Gaza agreement.
Israel has rejected the proposal and is demanding continued occupation of Gaza until Hamas and other resistance groups surrender.
On Sunday, Kushner met Hamas representatives in Egypt, with Hamas chief Khalil al-Hayya reportedly present.
“Hamas’s leadership briefed Kushner on Israel’s ceasefire violations in Gaza … Kushner said the US rejects any plans to displace Gaza’s residents,” a Palestinian source told Al Jazeera on Sunday.
“Hamas and Kushner met in the town of Alamein with the objective of translating the roadmap’s obligations into concrete, verifiable steps,” another unidentified source told the Qatari outlet.
The source said there “can be no ambiguity” and that Hamas must “relinquish governing authority and all weapons and military infrastructure,” adding that Gaza “can never again be a source of terror for Israel.”
When Washington announced the new “disarmament deal”, Hamas said it was prepared to hand over its weapons to the US-endorsed Palestinian committee of technocrats tasked with governing Gaza, but “only” if Israel fulfils its commitments.
Tel Aviv has openly rejected the arrangement and is demanding a “full demilitarisation” of the Gaza Strip.
Hamas, however, insists that any full disarmament must be linked to the establishment of an independent Palestinian state. Several reports have said intensive negotiations over the wording of the new disarmament proposal have taken place between Hamas officials and mediators.
According to the reports, Hamas’ weapons would be “stored” rather than handed over to Israel or destroyed.
Israel has continued its attacks on Gaza despite the launch of the 2025 US plan, with Palestinian officials accusing Tel Aviv of repeated violations of the ceasefire process. Israel has also reportedly occupied around 70 per cent of the Gaza Strip.
Tel Aviv has reportedly informed Washington that it will not halt strikes on Gaza.
Since the start of the Trump plan, more than 1,200 Palestinians have reportedly been killed and over 4,000 wounded.
Thousands of buildings have also been demolished through controlled detonations, with similar destruction reported in southern Lebanon.
Israeli airstrikes and drone attacks on Gaza have continued, while the flow of humanitarian aid into the besieged enclave remains severely restricted, according to Palestinian officials.
The Gaza Health Ministry said in its daily statistical report on August 11 that more than 5,400 Palestinians had been killed or wounded in the territory since the US launched its so-called “peace plan” and ceasefire process in October 2025.
With inputs from agencies














