What is the story about?
Iran-Israel War Live Updates: President Donald Trump on Tuesday warned that the United States could launch fresh strikes against Iran, despite saying a day earlier that he had stepped back from a major assault to allow room for a possible peace agreement. In response, Tehran’s military warned it would open “new fronts” should Washington proceed with further attacks.
Speaking to reporters at the White House, Trump said he had been “an hour away” from authorising renewed attacks on Iran before postponing the move amid ongoing ceasefire efforts and negotiations aimed at ending the conflict that began on February 28.
“You know how it is to negotiate with a country where you're beating them badly. They come to the table, they're begging to make a deal,” Trump said.
“I hope we don't have to do the war, but we may have to give them another big hit. I'm not sure yet.”
Speaking to reporters at the White House, Trump said he had been “an hour away” from authorising renewed attacks on Iran before postponing the move amid ongoing ceasefire efforts and negotiations aimed at ending the conflict that began on February 28.
“You know how it is to negotiate with a country where you're beating them badly. They come to the table, they're begging to make a deal,” Trump said.
“I hope we don't have to do the war, but we may have to give them another big hit. I'm not sure yet.”














