New Delhi: Hollywood actor Vin Diesel has confirmed that filming for the 11th and final film in the Fast and Furious franchise, Fast Forever, will begin
filming in December this year.
At the 25th anniversary screening of The Fast and the Furious, Vin Diesel confirmed the development to Variety.
Vin Diesel ‘cried’ after reading Fast Forever script
Speaking with Variety, actor Vin Diesel confirmed, “We start shooting in December, if I can make good on the request from the studio.”
He also revealed that he “cried” after reading the script of the film a couple of weeks ago. He said, “I’m in a good place, though. I had to go through four sets of writers, four years of development, to get to something that I felt would be worthy of a finale. And when I read the script a couple of weeks ago, [I cried].”
Vin Diesel addresses audience at The Fast And Furious screening
Inside the screening of The Fast And Furious, Vin Diesel addressed the audiences before the movie began.
He said, “I’m going to tell you something personal. It was after four different writers, four years of development, and after I read the script, halfway through, one tear. By the end of the script that we crafted and worked so hard to make right for you after four years, I was crying. I couldn’t hold it back, and I had to tell everyone. And my sister said, ‘No more crying, bro.’ So I just want to say that sometimes, even the toughest guys in the world need to cry.”
About Fast Forever
Fast Forever is the final and 11th final film in the popular franchise. The film is scheduled to hit theatres on March 17, 2028.
Earlier, director Louis Leterrier told Polygan, “I’d love to tell you the full truth, but I can’t. There will be an ending, and it’s great. I was very, very lucky to be part of the franchise, and I love Vin and I love Universal. They’re great to work with. So yeah. We’ll see, hopefully.”
For the unversed, Fast And Furious is the longest-running Hollywood franchise, which has a combined worldwide gross of USD 7.3 billion.
Fast And Furious TV series in works
Apart from the final film, a Fast And Furious TV series is officially in works at Peacock. Last year, Vin Diesel confirmed at the NBCUniversal upfront presentation in New York, “For the last decade, we have realised that the fans have wanted more.”
“They wanted us to expand the legacy characters, their stories. And for the last decade, the desire has been for us to enter the TV space that Fallon has mastered. And I had to wait till it was right… It became right when Donna Langley started to oversee it all, because that’s when I knew that the integrity of the characters, the international appeal, what makes us all feel like family would be protected in the TV space… The news that I have here today is that Peacock is launching four shows from the Fast and Furious universe,” he added. He further said that four shows were in works.














