Ilja Dragunov is gone from WWE, but which side told the other to take a hike? Let’s see what today’s rumors have to say about it!
Top rumor of the day: Ilja Dragunov wanted out of WWE
According to False Finish, WWE wanted to work out a new deal with Ilja Dragunov before his contract expired this month. In fact, F4WOnline’s Bryan Alvarez heard that WWE and Ilja were “strongly negotiating a return as recently as June.”
It sounds like WWE’s goal was to get Dragunov back on TV after SummerSlam, but he ultimately decided that he was no longer interested in staying
with the promotion.
Alvarez also added this interesting tidbit to the story: “There are a few other main roster contracts of people who haven’t been on TV much coming due in October.”
If that’s true, we won’t have to wait very long to find out which wrestlers he’s talking about.
The rest of the rumors!
- According to PW Insider, what Sami Zayn said on SmackDown about having a broken hand is legitimately true. That’s why he has not wrestled a match since SummerSlam.
- A source told Insider that the John Cena Classic will take place some time after Survivor Series, but nothing is locked in yet.
- Wrestling Observer Live’s Bryan Alvarez says there are “a lot of people in AEW” who want out of their contracts, but Tony Khan prefers to pay wrestlers to sit at home rather than cut them. Alvarez indicates that a lot of AEW contracts will “quietly expire” over the next 18 months, which could put “a glut of talent” back on the indies.
- WrestleVotes Radio mentioned that Solo Sikoa’s merchandise is selling better over the last month, with his Funko Pop doing especially well. It sounds like WWE is working on “Pew Pew” merch for him after his recent “warning shot” promo opposite Jey Uso on Raw.
- Votes also claims that WWE originally planned to promote an actual concert featuring Lil Yachty as a big drawing point for Sunday Night’s Main Event in September. That idea was scrapped following negative feedback about too much non-wrestling entertainment at last month’s SNME in Madison Square Garden.
- For whatever it’s worth, TRNBCKL Gold says WWE has already made its first main roster vignette for Lola Vice, so her call-up from NXT should became official very soon. It’s expected that the vignette will make an immediate impact.
Discuss these rumors and others in the comments below, and share your takes on any topic in The Feed!











