Barcelona target Julian Alvarez had a tough day on Sunday as Atletico Madrid took on Villarreal in La Liga. The forward’s name was whistled by fans before kick-off and there were more insults when he arrived as a substitute.
After the game ended 2-2, Atletico players went over to their fans but Alvarez was spotted walking alone and heading straight for the tunnel.
Manager Diego Simeone was asked about the situation afterwards and said Alvarez had been told by the club to stay away from the fans.
“People at the club told me that the club decided he shouldn’t be near the stands and the fans,” he said afterwards.
“The decision was made by the club to keep him away and separate him from the rest of the team, so he would come to the locker room instead.”
The situation with Alvarez seems to be turning increasingly ugly as we head towards the close of the transfer window.
Atletico continue to insist that Alvarez is not for sale, while there has been speculation that Arsenal made a move for the Argentine in the last few days but were told he still only wants Barcelona.











