
Last week, TMZ reported that Hulk Hogan’s shocking death may have been caused by medical malpractice. That was based on the story of an occupational therapist in his home who apparently told responding police that Hogan’s phrenic nerve was “severed” during a recent surgery.
Hogan was in and out of the hospital following complications from neck surgery in May, so many people have assumed that’s the surgery in question. And now, The Daily Mail and TMZ are both reporting that Hogan’s widow Sky Daily is
planning a medical malpractice lawsuit over that operation.
Here is what TMZ was told about the situation:
Hulk Hogan’s widow, Sky Daily, is “planning” to file a lawsuit against at least one of the WWE legend’s doctors and others for medical malpractice she says led to his death, sources with direct knowledge tell TMZ Sports.
The suit, we’re told, would center around the neck operation Hulk underwent back in May.
Sky first told us … she believes Hogan’s phrenic nerve — which controls your breathing — was “compromised” during that procedure.
Those issues are thought to have played a significant role in his ultimate demise at his Clearwater Beach, Fla. home on July 24 … as sources who have heard the 911 audio tell us Sky informed authorities on the emergency call, “My husband’s not breathing. He just stopped breathing.”
Our sources say the 911 call makes it clear 71-year-old Hulk did not suffer a sudden heart attack, and instead he just stopped breathing.
We’ll bring you more on this story as we have it, Cagesiders.