Abhijeet Dipke, the founder of Cockroach Janta Party (CJP), on Saturday claimed that they are working on a plan to take their movement to a next level and will share more information soon. Dipke's statement has come after he claimed their accounts can be hacked or withhold but they cannot hack this movement. The Cockroach Janta Party is not an official political organization but it's a satirical online movement, launched by Abhijeet Dipke, who is a student at Boston University in United States. The CJP, which came up last week on May 16, 2026, gained a rapid traction on social media through memes and political commentary around unemployment, examination paper leaks and education-related issues.On Friday, Dipke had claimed that the outfit lost
access to its Instagram accounts, its X handle has been withheld in India, its backup account was briefly taken down and its website -- cockroachjantaparty.org -- was also taken down."Please note that we currently do not have access to any of our platforms. Any post made after this should not be considered an official statement from the Cockroach Janta Party," Dipke said in a post on X.Claiming crackdown on CJP's select social media accounts, and its website, Dipke took to his personal X page and wrote, "You can hack and withhold the accounts but you cannot hack this movement. We are not going to stop and we will keep raising our voice against this autocracy. Every attack makes cockroaches stronger. We are working on a plan to get this movement to continue sustainably and take it to the next level. Will share more soon! Cockroaches never die!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W_nIbi6454
No Access To Website, X and Instagram Pages; Personal Account Hacked, Alleges Dipke
Listing what he described as coordinated action against the movement, Dipke wrote, "Crackdown on Cockroach Janta Party. Instagram page hacked. My personal Instagram hacked. Twitter account withheld. Back up account also taken down."The claims came two days after the CJP's original X handle was withheld in India, prompting Dipke to create a new account.Upon checking on claims made by Dipke, it was found that CJP's website -- cockroachjantaparty.org -- appeared as not working and also its main X account and a back-up Instagram account @cockroachneverdies_ . However, CJP's Instagram account -- which goes by handle -- Cockroach Janta Party -- appeared as active and also the back-up account on X.Abhijeet Dipke's personal account on X is also working, when last checked.
Dipke Alleges Death Threats
Earlier on May 22, Dipke had alleged about receiving death threats and shared screenshots of purported threat messages online.Dipke's CJP had launched a campaign seeking Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan's resignation over alleged systemic failures in the education sector and the NEET-UG 2026 paper "leak".Linking the action against the platform to the campaign, Dipke said, "Action should have been taken against the Education Minister for the paper leak. For the student who lost his life due to the government's failure. But in New India, action is being taken against the Cockroach Janta Party for demanding accountability."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jng8v_cvZog
'Movement Will Continue To Grow Despite Crackdown,' Says CJP, Targets Govt
In fresh posts shared by CJP from its backup X handle -- Cockroach is Back -- the satirical venture claimed that its movement continues to grow despite the alleged crackdown."We have achieved 1 million registered cockroaches on our website in less than a week! The movement keeps getting bigger despite all the crackdown!" the CJP said.The group claimed that before its website was taken down, "10 lakh cockroaches had signed up on our website as members" and "6 lakh cockroaches had signed a petition to demand the resignation of Dharmendra Pradhan"."The government has taken down our iconic website," the post said, asking, "Why is the government so scared of cockroaches?"Describing the campaign as youth-driven dissent, the group said, "Our only crime is we were demanding a better future for ourselves."An image shared with the post carried the message, "They hacked all accounts, they couldn't hack the movement." The handle also asserted that the campaign would continue despite losing access to its platforms.The account also distanced itself from any protest call, urging supporters to remain peaceful.
Why Cockroach Janta Party Came under Govt Scrutiny
The Cockroach Janta Party, which witnessed a rapid growth via online platforms through memes and political commentary around unemployment, examination paper leaks, soon came under government scrutiny. The sudden escalation led the government to block CJP’s X account under section 69 (A) of the Information Technology Act, 2000, due to perceived threats to national security; alleged calls for street protests and mass mobilisation.The scrutiny over CJP was further tightened when it launched a formal website that included a 5-point manifesto, with a tagline — "Not just online, it’s time to show power in the streets". Amidst this, reports had also surfaced that the group had allegedly given calls to organise human chain demonstrations.Based on all these developments, the CJP movement is being accused of not being purely organic and is allegedly supported by anti-India entities, from across the world.Allegations have also surfaced against the Cockroach Janta Party that many of their followers were from Pakistan and George Soros gang, backed by deep state.
With inputs from PTI