Lucknow, May 18 (PTI) The Uttar Pradesh Cabinet approved the execution of a tripartite MoU among the Centre, the state government, and Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Limited for Phase-1B East-West
Corridor (Charbagh to Vasant Kunj) of the Lucknow Metro.
The approval came during a Cabinet meeting chaired by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath.
Providing details, Finance Minister Suresh Kumar Khanna said that the Cabinet had earlier approved the project's DPR on March 5, 2024, and now consent has been given for the approved project cost of Rs 5801.05 crore. The project will have 50-50 per cent participation from the Centre and the state government.
The East-West Corridor from Charbagh to Vasant Kunj will further strengthen Lucknow's transportation system.
The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of India, approved the total project cost of Rs 5801.05 crore on September 3, 2025, the statement said.
In the approval letter issued by the Centre, it was stipulated that for the implementation of the project, a tripartite MoU would be executed among the Central Government, the State Government, and Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Limited (UPMRC).
After due examination and amendments by the Law Department, the state Cabinet has approved the draft MoU. According to the Cabinet decision, the role and responsibilities of the state government in the project have also been clearly defined, the statement said. PTI NAV SHS
SHS














