Fortnite
faced a sudden outage on Sunday (November 30). Players reported that Battle Royale and Zero Build modes disappeared from the game. Many also faced login problems. Downdetector recorded more than 3,000 reports at the peak of the issue. Most complaints focused on server connections during the release of Fortnite Battle Royale Chapter Seven: Pacific Break, which introduced a new Hollywood- and West Coast-styled map.Fortnite Support confirmed the disruption and later announced that several modes would stay offline because of the Yuki’s Revenge premiere event.
Why Did Battle Royale And Zero Build Disappear?
Reports poured in from players who said Battle Royale “was not showing up” as an option. Others claimed that Zero Build had “vanished” from the menu. The sudden disappearance created confusion because the new chapter launched at the same time.
Fortnite Support later clarified that Battle Royale, Zero Build, Save The World, and Ballistic would stay unavailable during the premiere of Yuki’s Revenge, an animated short film inside Fortnite.
Fortnite Support first confirmed the login problem by posting, “Players may be unable to log in. The issue is under investigation.” A later update stated that the login issues had been fixed. However, the main game modes remained offline due to the in-game premiere event.
Social Media Reactions
Reactions flooded social media as players tried to understand what went wrong. One X user said, “Battle Royale and Zero Build gone! What happened?” Another asked, “Battle Royale isn’t coming up as an option?” Another wrote, “running to Twitter to check if Fortnite servers are down.” Fourth X user commented, “Can’t play Fortnite right now. No Battle Royale options.”
What Is Yuki’s Revenge Premiere Event?
Fortnite hosted the global premiere of Yuki’s Revenge, an animated short film directed by Quentin Tarantino. The film plays inside Fortnite as part of an exclusive event that ties into Chapter Seven: Pacific Break. The collaboration brings a cinematic twist to the game’s new season.Tarantino said that Epic Games asked for an eight- to twelve-minute piece for the event. He said that the team implied the inclusion of characters fans already recognize, though they didn’t say it directly.
The new chapter features a refreshed Battle Royale experience with a large map inspired by Hollywood and California’s West Coast. The premiere event appears designed to blend Fortnite gameplay with cinematic storytelling, setting the tone for the chapter’s creative direction.