What is the story about?
Paris Jackson has secured a major victory in an ongoing dispute involving the estate of her late father, Michael Jackson. According to reports, a Los Angeles judge ruled in favour of the 28-year-old after she challenged payments worth $625,000 that had reportedly been issued as bonuses to outside law firms by estate executors.
According to PEOPLE, on Wednesday, May 13, the judge ruled that the bonus payments made by executors John Branca and John McClain to third-party law firms would need to be “returned” to the estate. "Ms Jackson's objection to the $625,000 of bonus payments made in the second six months of 2018 is sustained. The bonus payments are not approved; they are disallowed. The payments shall be returned to the estate", the motion read. According to the ruling, Paris is also entitled to attorneys' fees and costs.
Following the court’s decision, a spokesperson for Paris Jackson described the ruling as a major step toward greater transparency and accountability. “Paris has always been focused on what's best for her family, and this ruling is a massive win for them,” the spokesperson said in a statement to The Independent. “After years of delay, the Jackson family will finally get the transparency and accountability measures Paris has fought for. The Jackson Estate is supposed to be a prudent, fiscally responsible entity that supports the Jackson family, not a slush fund to help John Branca live out his Hollywood mogul fantasies,” the statement added.
Along with her brothers Prince and Bigi, Paris Jackson is a beneficiary of the estate. Earlier, it came to her attention that Branca and McClain were allegedly taking advantage of their roles as estate executors for their own financial gain, which the duo denied. In response to the court’s decision, the executors issued a statement to The Independent. “We are gratified that the Court itself recognised and praised the work of the Executors and its outside counsel in today's decision,” Branca and McClain stated.
They continued, “While the Court has previously approved several other bonuses to outside counsel over the years for their extraordinary services, and this was the first time they were the subject of objections, the executors have always understood that legal fees are subject to court approval and have always required outside counsel to agree to return any funds to the estate if the payments were not approved.” Branca and McClain also clarified that none of the disputed $625,000 bonuses had been paid directly to them.
Also Read: Is Diljit Dosanjh no longer an Indian citizen? Report claims singer has US passport
According to PEOPLE, on Wednesday, May 13, the judge ruled that the bonus payments made by executors John Branca and John McClain to third-party law firms would need to be “returned” to the estate. "Ms Jackson's objection to the $625,000 of bonus payments made in the second six months of 2018 is sustained. The bonus payments are not approved; they are disallowed. The payments shall be returned to the estate", the motion read. According to the ruling, Paris is also entitled to attorneys' fees and costs.
Following the court’s decision, a spokesperson for Paris Jackson described the ruling as a major step toward greater transparency and accountability. “Paris has always been focused on what's best for her family, and this ruling is a massive win for them,” the spokesperson said in a statement to The Independent. “After years of delay, the Jackson family will finally get the transparency and accountability measures Paris has fought for. The Jackson Estate is supposed to be a prudent, fiscally responsible entity that supports the Jackson family, not a slush fund to help John Branca live out his Hollywood mogul fantasies,” the statement added.
Along with her brothers Prince and Bigi, Paris Jackson is a beneficiary of the estate. Earlier, it came to her attention that Branca and McClain were allegedly taking advantage of their roles as estate executors for their own financial gain, which the duo denied. In response to the court’s decision, the executors issued a statement to The Independent. “We are gratified that the Court itself recognised and praised the work of the Executors and its outside counsel in today's decision,” Branca and McClain stated.
They continued, “While the Court has previously approved several other bonuses to outside counsel over the years for their extraordinary services, and this was the first time they were the subject of objections, the executors have always understood that legal fees are subject to court approval and have always required outside counsel to agree to return any funds to the estate if the payments were not approved.” Branca and McClain also clarified that none of the disputed $625,000 bonuses had been paid directly to them.
Also Read: Is Diljit Dosanjh no longer an Indian citizen? Report claims singer has US passport




/images/ppid_59c68470-image-177893253230335937.webp)
/images/ppid_a911dc6a-image-177874556346821344.webp)
/images/ppid_a911dc6a-image-177874693248265148.webp)

/images/ppid_59c68470-image-17788000350442553.webp)
/images/ppid_59c68470-image-177880253424894035.webp)

