US-Iran LIVE Updates: Pakistan’s Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi arrived in Iran on Saturday for a two-day official visit aimed at helping revive stalled peace negotiations between Tehran and the United States, according to Iranian media reports.
Naqvi was received in Tehran by Iran’s Interior Minister Eskandar Momeni. His visit comes just days after Pakistan’s powerful army chief, Field Marshal Asim Munir, travelled to Iran, underlining Islamabad’s growing diplomatic engagement in the region.
Iran’s Tasnim news agency said Pakistan was continuing its efforts to encourage dialogue and ease tensions following the fragile ceasefire between Tehran and Washington.
US President Donald Trump on Sunday shared a cryptic post on Truth Social, writing, “It
Was The Calm Before The Storm,” amid growing tensions involving Iran and the Strait of Hormuz crisis.
The post featured an AI-generated image showing Trump aboard a US Navy vessel wearing a “Make America Great Again” cap alongside a naval officer. The background included rough seas, lightning and Iranian ships, adding to speculation over escalating regional tensions.
Trump’s post came as reports suggested his administration was considering renewed military action against Iran following a temporary pause in hostilities.
Amid the diplomatic push, Iran has begun easing restrictions in the strategically vital Strait of Hormuz, one of the world’s most important oil shipping routes. Iranian state television reported on Friday that the naval wing of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) was now permitting more vessels to pass through the waterway.
Tehran had sharply restricted maritime movement through the strait after the conflict that erupted on February 28 and the subsequent US-Israeli strikes. Soon after, the United States reportedly tightened pressure on Iran by imposing restrictions on Iranian ports.
Speaking from the southern port city of Bandar Abbas, a state TV reporter said several countries had now accepted the “new legal protocols” introduced by Iran and the IRGC in the Strait of Hormuz. The broadcaster added that more than 30 ships had been cleared to pass through the route a day earlier.
According to a report by The New York Times, Trump returned from Beijing facing critical decisions on Iran, with senior aides reportedly preparing contingency plans for possible renewed strikes if diplomatic efforts collapse.
The report added that the United States and its allies were exploring a compromise that could persuade Iran to fully reopen the Strait of Hormuz while allowing Trump to frame the outcome as a diplomatic breakthrough.
Meanwhile, Iran’s Parliament Speaker Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf said the world was standing at the edge of a “new order” in global politics. Referring to Chinese President Xi Jinping and his vision of major geopolitical transformation, Ghalibaf argued that Iran’s resistance against US and Israeli pressure had accelerated the decline of Western dominance.
In a post on X, he said Iran’s “70-day resistance” had become a defining factor in reshaping the global balance of power, adding that the future would belong to nations of the Global South.
/images/ppid_59c68470-image-17787450354865433.webp)
/images/ppid_59c68470-image-177882502920381447.webp)



/images/ppid_59c68470-image-177880757109465136.webp)

/images/ppid_a911dc6a-image-177883422555542248.webp)
/images/ppid_59c68470-image-177884502899154998.webp)
/images/ppid_59c68470-image-177884752893939989.webp)
/images/ppid_59c68470-image-177881259940588197.webp)
