Click here to read the full article.
Prince Harry looks like he might be returning back to the U.K. with a sizeable bill to pay.
The prince is among a group of seven high-profile figures — including Elton John and Liz Hurley — who have been ordered to pay
£9.54 million ($13 million) in legal costs to the publisher of the Daily Mail after losing their privacy case against the company.
The group had sued Associated Newspapers over allegations of unlawful information gathering, which were dismissed in July by Judge Justice Nicklin who said they had failed to prove the claims.
The news comes just days after Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced that they were planning to return to the U.K. imminently along with their two children.
Among those ordered to pay the initial $13 million alongside Harry, John and Hurley are John’s husband David Furnish, Simon Hughes, Sadie Frost and Baroness Doreen Lawrence. According to the BBC, Associated Newspapers had asked for in excess of £9.9 million as an interim payment, ahead of future hearings to decide total legal costs.
In a joint statement after the judge’s ruling last month, Harry and Lawrence, whose son Stephen was murdered in 1993, said: “We came to Court seeking justice and accountability. But we have received neither. It is a complete and obvious whitewash, but sadly not altogether unexpected.”
The trial saw dozens give evidence, including Price Harry, who flew in from the U.S. to attend in person.
Nicklin previously said the claimants would need to pay the interim payment on Aug. 28, giving them just a week.











